PDA

View Full Version : Pasta Makers

iggy
07-03-2012, 11:58 PM
I am wanting to buy a pasta maker. Checked online and Boy Howdy there are a few of them, with quite a price range too.

If you have one, what brand is it and do you recommend it?

phylm
07-04-2012, 08:04 PM
I got the pasta roller/cutter from Emergency Essentials. $119.95, I think. Haven't used it yet. I have a big bag of noodles that I need to use first.

iggy
07-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I got the pasta roller/cutter from Emergency Essentials. $119.95, I think. Haven't used it yet. I have a big bag of noodles that I need to use first.

Are you talking about the Marga Roller? That is an oat roller and grinder, not a pasta dough roller, which is what I want.

I have a Wonder Mill to grind the grains with. Love it.

Dolcezza
07-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Marga produces both pasta makers (hand and electric) and flake makers/wheat grinders. The wheat is fine but not extra fine even after 2 goes. Marga is an Italian producer and the quality of all the products is always very high.

If I were to buy a pasta maker I would buy the most professional type with bronze bits where the short pasta is made. For noodles Imperia, Marga etc are good brands. For any brand, stainless still, yes, and plastic, never! It won't last long.

I would also check the customer reviews very carefully. Some machines for short pasta are incredibly difficult to clean and they make a mess unless you make the dough just right.

However, if you are just looking to male noodles and lasagne, the rollers are all fine as long as they are a well known brand in Italy. LOL

Well, at least this is my biased idea, being Italian, a cookery lover, a pasta making lady and coming from a family of caterers since the 70s. :driving:

Happy cooking!

Dolcezza

phylm
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
No, I want the grain roller, too. Mine is a pasta roller-cutter.

ghostcat
07-14-2012, 11:40 AM
we have had the Imperia hand operated for 30 years now and it is still going strong.

Dolcezza
07-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Good! My Imperia belonged to grandmother who passed it to my mum.
it must be at least 45 y.o. and is still good!
Dolcezza