PDA

View Full Version : Vita Mix decision time (do you have one?)

Dolcezza
10-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Hello!

I am thinking of selling my Kenwood blender, which only makes smoothies, and my Nut grinder, which makes smoothies and grinds nuts finely, and instead buying a Vitamix blender.

This is because the other machines are occupying a lot of space and because for years I've been hearing the praises of Vitamix in all the forums I visited. Plus the motor of our juicer has died off, so we might as well have better smoothies.

I was thinking of buying the Total Nutrition Centre (TNC 230) as I don't need the most expensive model with the programmed stuff.

However, the machine comes with the wet blender jug only.

It looks like it will also grind nuts but not so well. I called Vitamix in the USA and a French-American guy said that the wet blade will grind, but then it's my fault if the machine dies off (while on the adverts it doesn't say so at all!)

In this case I should need the dry blade which is a lot of money to add.

I need to know if there is anyone out there who has used the wet blender for more than 2 years, often, to grind nuts, and still has not burnt the motor. :puke:

The only difference in the blades is that one type throw the food up and the other throws it up.

Mmmmmm...talk about confusion?

Also, there are some people selling their own machine half price in a city 2 hours from here, and they have the receipt. Is it worth it or do I risk to lose the 7 years warranty?

I've read from several people that the motor died off quickly.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dolcezza (England)

Noahs ARK
10-29-2012, 12:26 PM
My VitaMix is 13 years old & running great.

I have 2 blenders - 1 tall & 1 short - for "Wet" and 1 for "dry".

For what they cost, I've been scared to swap out the blenders.

Worth every penny.

arbilad
10-29-2012, 12:32 PM
I didn't spend the money on a Vita Mix, but I got a Ninja. Not quite as high quality, but much cheaper.

iggy
10-29-2012, 12:50 PM
I just recently bought a NutriBullet. http://www.nutribullet.com/

It has a separate blade to do nuts, beans, etc. It grinds. Depending on how long you let it go ~ from coarse to really fine.

None of the stores in Oregon sell it, so we had to order it online through Amazon. Got it in 3 days. Love it. The first thing I made was vegetable & Almonds liquefied. In a handled casserole dish added a can of diced tomatoes and chopped fresh onions and heated it all up. Oh, I liquefied fresh spinach, fresh broccoli, fresh cauliflower, fresh carrots, and the left over mixed frozen/then nuked veggies we had had for dinner the night before. Added some herbs, spices and two tablespoons of Chia seeds and it was delish.

I decided not to get the Vita Mix, or a juicer of any brand. Three sisters in the Branch have a Vita Mix. I have gone to one sisters home to use hers. For me it is too big, I just don't have the counter space to dedicate for it. The NutriBullet fits on a shelf (originally built to hold a microwave, then the next owners who were Chinese put in a permanent work counter with cupboards underneath and made it impossible to use a microwave on that shelf) along with its cups, and lip ring handles, along with my FoodSaver machine and the blender to my Bosch. It is super easy to clean, and use.

Dolcezza
10-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks. I am decided on the Vitamix and money is not an issue. The nutribullet is not available here. I'll buy my Vitamix from a British chainstore which has an excellent customer service, unlike Vitamix.

Dolcezza

Rand
10-29-2012, 09:31 PM
My wife has the vitamix and the blendtec. Loves them both but thinks the vitamix is the best. If you use it, you'll love it.

jennvan40
10-30-2012, 12:39 AM
According to my latest research, Vitamix ripped off Blendtec's idea and now they are on the hook for lots of money in patent infringement. Sounds like a Blendtec might be the better place to buy from now.

More info: click here (http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Orem-blender-company-wins-24-million-patent/3jVXYb9t7UqaSdKVg9jTkg.cspx)

Dolcezza
10-30-2012, 04:47 AM
LOL! always the same...