PDA

View Full Version : Soap

Equanimity
04-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I have looked just about everywhere and I don't see much on how much soap one should have per person per year. Now my kids are notorious for wasting soap, but its ure something I wouldn't want to do without. So whats the reccomendations on how much soap?

prairiemom
04-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Whenever I start a new bottle of shampoo, toothpaste, laundry soap, hand soap, bleach, etc, I dated it. Then when it ran out, I'd make a note of how long it lasted. After doing that 2-3 times I had a good idea of what I needed per year. It varies--in the summer hand soap, tin-foil and band-aid use goes up, dryer sheet use goes down.

signseeker
04-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Tin-foil goes up the more I'm on the internet... :l0 (57):

I've bought a bunch of bar soap that I got for really cheap. I'm pretty sure we have several years' worth. I think the bar kind would last longer than the liquid kind, but I don't know. I'm sure you wouldn't go through more than one bar every couple weeks, right?

Remember those old Irish Spring commercials...? Ahhh.... memories....

Equanimity
04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
With three bathrooms and the kitchen its tough to keep track of how much soap we use. Not to mention when the kids dump the entire bottle of shampoo down the drain, LOL. I was hoping someone could give me an idea of how much they have stored. ;0) Of course I am newly addicted to making soap, so I'm sure we'll have plenty. ;0)

Noahs ARK
04-14-2010, 08:56 PM
I was hoping someone could give me an idea of how much they have stored. ;0) Of course I am newly addicted to making soap, so I'm sure we'll have plenty. ;0)

I have 2 cases of Dial bar soap and 1 case of liquid antibacterial soap. The liquid soap is the big bottles, so I just refill my little soap containers with that.

Buying stuff like this by the case is easier for me to store AND I don't use it cuz I don't open the box.

Equanimity
04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
How many bars in a case?

Noahs ARK
04-14-2010, 09:21 PM
How many bars in a case?

36 bars per case - there's nine 4-pks per case. The liquid soap has 12 of the large refill size bottles per case.

Look for them at your local Dollar Store. That's where I got mine. The smaller cases are easier for me to handle. I think Sam's & Costco sell the larger cases, but those are too big for me.

Equanimity
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I'll look in to that. I love the dollar store for prep stuff. Great for cheap stocking for sure.